Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Grace to Go Forward is All I Need


My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. ~ Psalm 62:7


I have had an ongoing fight against my own tentativeness and fear. God is the rock solid foundation for my life. I should have nothing to fear because He is with me always. But I do fear taking steps forward. I want God to take the fear away so I can serve Him better. But maybe I was given my tentativeness to keep me looking toward God and away from myself. Maybe God wants me to feel that fear so that I’ll lean on Him as I go forward and His strength will show. Maybe that fear will never go away--for if it draws me to God, it's doing a good thing.

God is just a prayer away. I can feel that tentativeness and still go forward. This could be the practical definition of faith--feeling fear but knowing God is with me so I go forward anyway. I want His presence to shine ever brighter with each step I take.

Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong. ~ 2 Corinthians 12:8-10

No comments:

Post a Comment