Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Don't Be Afraid, I Am Here



Soon a gale swept down upon them, and the sea grew very rough. They had rowed three or four miles when suddenly they saw Jesus walking on the water toward the boat. They were terrified, but he called out to them, “Don’t be afraid. I am here!” Then they were eager to let him in the boat, and immediately they arrived at their destination! ~ John 6:18-21

Fear can overtake me at any moment. When I look at the winds and waves of my own feelings, I can become paralyzed. All that I see is a little me surrounded by overwhelming circumstances. But Jesus is right there too. He tells me to not be afraid, not because the circumstances aren’t alarming, but because He is with me. When I am in the middle of feeling fear, I need to recognize that Jesus is right there as well. Then if I let Him, He calms me and I arrive at my destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment