Friday, August 21, 2009

Do It Now

Do Not Boast About Tomorrow
Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. -- James 4:13-14 (NKJV)


One lesson I've been slowly learning is I should make the most of each day. If I know of something good to do, I should do it. Or at least do something that makes progress toward that goal. I'm not guaranteed the days that I think I may have.

I'm also learning that I don't have to be perfect at something before I try. I can learn as I go. I can take steps. And even if I fall...well...I can learn something. That's a cliche, but it's true that I learn more from actions I take rather than the thoughts I think. It's better to come trembling and try instead of analyzing my actions so much that I don't try.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYe_g4vFwog&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment