Thursday, August 20, 2009

Purpose of this Blog

I'm tired of just going through life as it tosses me along. I want to live my life on purpose, at least as much as it depends on me. I believe that God is sovereignly in control of all things. But I also believe that He won't force me to live with purpose. I feel that He wants me to choose to live with the purpose which He created me.

My number one goal is to seek to love God with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength. This can and will take a lifetime to achieve so I'd better get going.

My next goal is to love others as myself. This is another lifelong work-in-process.

Also, I need to remember that my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit and I need to show it respect by eating and working out so that I will have vibrance and energy to accomplish the first two goals.

And, last but not least, I need to write everyday. I want this blog to serve as a way for me to develop the habit of writing every single day. I love the power of a story and would like to write many, many stories that serve God by encouraging people.

No comments:

Post a Comment