Wednesday, March 9, 2011

To Lent or Not to Lent


Today is the first day of the Lenten season. I have nothing against this season's objectives if those objectives are to 1.) remember the blessings of the cross of Christ or 2.) give up something that is hindering your walk with Christ. But I don't usually take part in this season because I do those things year-round, or at least try to and repent when I don't.

Knowing Jesus Christ isn't about crossing things off of a to-do list. It's not about not doing things on a don't list either. It's about a relationship with the living Lord and trying your best to walk with Him so you grow to be more like Him. And when I do this, God is glorified in my life. It's all about Him anyway. Anything I do or don't do because of my relationship with Him serves to worship God and if it helps my life in the here and now, as well, then that is just icing on the cake.



No comments:

Post a Comment