Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What is Love?

What is love? Love is patient, kind, doesn’t envy, doesn’t boast, isn’t arrogant, isn’t rude, doesn’t insist on its own way, isn’t irritable, isn’t resentful, doesn’t rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, and never ends. Faith, hope, and love are good but love is the greatest of them all (1 Corinthians 13:4-8, 13).

If I have love for the Lord and love for my neighbor, even the neighbor that isn’t lovely, I fulfill the whole law. This is a simple truth but it takes a lifetime to learn.

I want to live this definition of love. I want to but I don't always do it. I need grace when I'm about to say or even think something that is unkind or unloving so that I don't go through with saying it, or even think it. I also need forgiveness when I don't think beforehand and I go ahead and speak something unkind.

I am here to love. Not much else really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment