Monday, July 23, 2012

Overburdened?



Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” ~ Matthew 11:28-30


I often can carry heavy burdens because I’m trying to do things that I don’t need to do. I try to do what I feel is expected of me from other people. Jesus wants to lift that burden from me. He wants me to do what He has planned for me. He doesn’t want me to be overburdened by pressures I create in my own mind in order to please people. His yoke for me is no burden at all because it fits how he created me. If I bend over backwards trying to perform by doing what everyone around me wants me to do, all I get is pressured and tired. I can’t do everything that I see around me. I can’t be everywhere that people want me to be. But I can do what I’m called to do by God for His glory. That’s where I need to expend my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment