Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Weaknesses are Good



Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9

If I’m not careful, I can turn God’s Word into a self-improvement plan. Self-improvement is defined as improvement through one’s own efforts. God doesn’t want me to spend all of my energies trying to eradicate my weaknesses. He can overcome my weaknesses by helping me to walk in spite of them. My weaknesses help me to rely on God. If I succeed in getting rid of them, I would be tempted to do everything in my strength and there is no real power in that. It was never God’s plan for me to just improve myself. But it is God’s plan for me to gain strength from His word and go forth and help people in a multitude of ways. I can spend so much time trying to fix my weaknesses that I never get around to doing anything for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment